I’d be happy to tell you more about what selling a home is like.
What is the process of selling a home like? That’s one of the most common questions I get asked as a real estate professional. While every home sale is different, the general selling process is pretty standard and goes something like this:
- You choose a listing agent (like me!) who takes on the role of representing your best interests throughout the sale.
- We find out how much your home is worth, usually through a comparative market analysis report, and I put together a listing.
- I make recommendations for getting your home ready for sale. This can include anything from repainting your front door to decluttering on the inside, all in the name of making a good impression on potential buyers.
- I market your home on multiple channels, coordinate showings, and ask for buyer feedback. I may suggest adjusting the listing price depending on how the process is going at this point.
- Once you receive an offer, I help you negotiate the price and any asked-for repairs. I’ll then open escrow, order title, and schedule an appraisal.
- If everything goes as planned during repairs, inspections, and negotiation, we can sign a final contract and stick a “Sold” sign in your yard.
The process of selling a home in Central North Carolina can take time, but I’ll make sure the process goes smoothly from beginning to end. Get in touch with me, Sherri Dyer, today if you want to know more about the selling process, or if you’re ready to list!